Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dive trip

I just came back from my diving trip and enjoyed it a lot. It was amazing seeing all the underwater life. We went to 4 dive sites and for anyone going diving to Phuket, I would recommend the last one- Shark Point. Ironically, we didn't see any sharks :(. But there were amazing corals and hundreds of fish including anemone fish, sea urchins, star fish, schools of barracuda and a snake eel! I went underwater with my dad and one of his friends who was also doing the course, accompanied by an instructor. Here are some pics from my trip:-





First day we arrived in the morning and practiced some skills in a 3m deep pool which was supposed to stimulate a dive. 2nd and 3rd day, we had 2 dives each. The first 2-3 dives we were so busy worrying about our equipment that we couldn't really enjoy the dives, but the last dive, which also happened to be the best site, was amazing and surreal really. The last day, we had a flight at 12:30, and then a 4 hr stopover at Bankok because the flight from Phuket wasn't direct. It was mostly travel. 

In Phuket, we went for a morning walk on the famous Patong beach and saw the street markets. 3 things which are widely sold there are Tuk Tuk rides, dress suits, and massages. Thai boxing is also very famous there. Overall, an amazing trip. If anyone wants to do scuba diving, PADI is a good organisation cus the certificate is recognized world wide. At the end, I couldn't believe that the thing I had been looking forward to for so long was over already and that I was actually a Certified Open Water scuba diver!!

The best part about diving is the thrill and the excitement and even though there is a potential risk, normally nothing serious happens. The adventure and the adrenaline the first time you breathe underwater and don your equipment is unmatched by anything else I've tried so far. It's not really ''difficult'', just a lot of things to remember in the beginning. Once you are comfortable in the water, it's like you don't have a care in the world. I hope I'll be able to do many more dives in the future.

Smiti








No comments:

Post a Comment