Monday, August 11, 2014

Books

Today I will be talking about the latest books I've been reading. So my latest favorite is an author, not a series- Sophie McKenzie. Her books are mostly action-packed thrillers. All though she has written some romance novels as well I haven't read them. The books I have read... Her first series I read was the Medusa project series about four teens who were implanted at birth with a gene for psychic abilities and they are unaware that their psychic powers are about to kick-in. The first book in the series is ''The set-up'' and all her books are appropriate for preteens and teens although many adults also enjoy her books as they are thriller and romance. The other books in the series all follow up from that but giving summaries of them will spoil the first book for you. That's why I also advise you to read the books in the right order as in each book you learn something new without which you can't understand the next books and it spoils all the previous books for you. The Set-Up:

The order of books is: the set-up, the hostage, the rescue, hunted, double cross and hit squad. Later on she added a book 2.5, between ''The hostage'' and ''The rescue'' called ''The thief'' which she wrote especially for World book day. She has also written the Missing trilogy . The first book is ''Girl, missing'', the second is ''Sister, missing'' and the third is ''Missing, me'', all three gripping and exciting. Here's a summary'of the first book from the author's website itself:
''Lauren has always known she was adopted but when a little research turns up the possibility that she was snatched from an American family as a baby, suddenly Lauren’s life seems like a sham. How can she find her biological parents? And are her adoptive parents really responsible for kidnapping her? She manages to persuade her family to take a trip across the Atlantic where she runs away to try and find the truth. But the circumstances of her disappearance are murky and Lauren’s kidnappers are still at large and willing to do anything to keep her silent…''


I hope the summary intrigues you and you read the book because it;s truly amazing. Another one of her books which I am currently reading is called ''Blood Ties''. It also has a sequel called ''Blood Ransom'' which will probably be my next purchase on the kindle! Again, here is a description from Sophie McKenzie's site    ( http://www.sophiemckenziebooks.com/) :
''An explosive thriller series featuring two teenagers, Theo and Rachel, who uncover a human cloning project. With chapters alternately narrated by both characters, Blood Ties and sequel Blood Ransom follow their quest to uncover the truth as they find themselves in increasing danger among criminals intent on causing them harm.''


She has written other books as well but this is what I've read! Some other books for people my age which I've recently read are Hunger games, Inheritance cycle, Divergent series(though I've heard the second two books are inappropriate)etc. I am currently waiting for the movie of the third book in the hunger games trilogy- Mockingjay. The movie will be divided into 2 parts so Mockingjay Part 1 is expected to release in India in December some time as it will release in U.S. in end November. I have already seen the Divergent movie and as far as I know, there is only a movie on the 1st book of the Inheritance cycle- Eragon, which I have already seen.







Thanks,
Smiti.




1 comment:

  1. I can't keep up with your reading speed Smiti. Good show! I loved Divergent and a bit of Eragon series. Set-up will be next on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete